Friday, January 7, 2011

No Sugar Added

To ensure my life is as dull as possible, I've decided to go on a cleanse. This involves me giving up sugar, caffeine, salt, red meat, dairy, gluten, alcohol and basically everything fun in life for two weeks.

Unlike fellow blogger, Marion Lawrence who wrote about how jazzed she was being on the cleanse, I am on day four and cannot report the same level of enthusiasm. I'm trying to see this in a positive light like Ms Lawrence.

For any one out there who are thinking of doing a cleanse/de-tox, I recommend the following to put some "fun" in your cleanse (note: I am being extremely sarcastic when I use the word "fun"):
  1. Trick yourself into thinking herbal tea is a "treat". This takes alot of mental efffort as shown in the complex diagram below.

  2. Stare at people as they drink their StarBucks. Be careful not to let them see you drool.

  3. Reflect on the good times in your life...like when you ate cheese. Plan what cheeses you will eat after the cleanse.

  4. Eat a nut & seed bar (this is another item I have come to think of as a "treat") and contemplate how it strangely resembles bird seed.

  5. Try not to be bitter with others who are not on a cleanse, especially when they complain about anything....they at least have the joy of eating sugar, gluten and other banned substances....how dare they complain!
  6. Wonder what is so bad about toxins in your body anyways...I actually quite enjoy them...maybe someone should start a "Toxins for Everyone!" movement.
  7. Question your sanity for even taking part in such a foolish venture...after all, shouldn't a detox only be for famous celebrities like Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan.
  8. Think about what you're going to eat as soon as you're done the cleanse...will it be bread, cheese, coffee?
  9. Contemplate how this blog could have been funny if I had sugar and caffeine in my body.
  10. Scan the internet for medical studies advocating a "work de-tox/cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment