Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Years Resolutions for the DCW

This is the time of year many of us ponder what we would like to change in our lives. After much pondering (I really like the word "ponder", can you tell?), we announce to the world our resolutions in the hopes this will make us stick to these resolutions.


So, after much reflection, after recently turning forty AND after the surprise appearance of Justin Bieber in my hometown for two days in a row, I am proud to announce the following resolutions for 2011:



  1. Grow my hair out. This will be a Huge focus for me for 2011.



  2. Lose weight in my calves so my high boots fit better. My problem is that currently I have big calves apparently from working out. This is not a good thing when trying to zip up my high winter boots. Why are the fashion gods only concerned about boots for skinny calved women?



  3. Start a movement against boot companies that only make boots for skinny calved women.



  4. Learn all the words to Flo Rida's Club Can't Handle Me so that I can sing it anywhere with no accompanying instruments or background music.



  5. Turn my workplace into a Glee-like setting where we spontaneously break into song throughout the day (this is where my knowledge of Flo Rida lyrics and my ability to change lyrics to things like "insurance can't handle me" will come in handy).



  6. Participate in a flash mob.



  7. Start a flash mob at work.



  8. Become less like Michael Scott (from The Office).



  9. Have my own show on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). Perhaps my shows "Struggling for Coherence" or "Meeting Crashers" that I mentioned in My Resume post in August will finally come to fruition.



  10. Become friends with Oprah.

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions DCW!!
    Happy New Year to You and may all your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete