Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Continuing Chronicles of Adults Who Have Been Bullied By Children

This post is a follow-up to check on my friend who was bullied by children not just once but TWICE. For more on her saga, please see my post entitled: Adults Being Bullied By Children: The Untold Story.


The Dull Co-Worker (DCW): So how are your wounds healing after the bullying?


BFF (Best Friend Forever): I still get stressed when I see children outside when I go for a walk. So far nothing else has occured. I feel that like the saying goes "time heals all wounds."


DCW: Do you ever see the children who taunted you?


BFF: No. I've never come across the little girl who had the plastic gun, but I have her little face memorized. I can see her mocking me.



DCW: How about the boy who commented on your highlights?



BFF: I didn't see his face because there was a large group of children. But I am getting my highlights done in a month and I am a bit worried. Should I go darker instead of blond?



DCW: It is traumatic when bullying leads to one questioning their next hairstyle. Do you know that my article on you being bullied was my highest post for the month of May (note: I only had one other post that month but I wanted to make feel better so I told her this in hopes of cheering her - plus I was hoping that the bullying didn't stop her from getting the highlights)? How does that make you feel?



BFF: It makes it worthwhile that I endured that pain if I helped one other adult who was bullied by a small child.


Are you an adult who has been bullied by a small child? If you want to share your story and help others around the world who face similar traumas, please email thedullcoworker@gmail.com. Bullying: it's not just involving children anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment